2018 Student Leadership Conference
The 2018 Student Leadership Conference will take place in West Lafayette, Indiana, on Friday, October 5 and Saturday, October 6, 2018.
Historically, the Student Leadership Conference has been geared towards pre-college programs, but this year Indiana TRIO is also offering a college track for our SSS and McNair students. Our theme this year is aimed at focusing on students recognizing their purpose and capitalizing on it by striving for excellence.
Please see the attached conference learning outcomes and tentative agenda by clicking here.
Registration is now available for submission! Please complete the registration form below and submit it by Friday, September 21, 2018.
Conference rates: Friday night and Saturday $90 for each student and staff, Saturday day only, $85 for each student and staff. Please be sure to use the spreadsheet linked below to provide information regarding all participants of the conference.
(Optional) Friday Conference Site:
Black Cultural Center
1100 Third Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Saturday Conference Site:
Beck Agricultural Center
West Lafayette, Indiana 47906
Four Points by Sheraton
1600 Cumberland Avenue
West Lafayette, Indiana 47906
Block Code “Indiana TRIO”
Double rooms at a rate of $109.00 per room for each night, plus 12% tax. The rate above does not include breakfast; however, a continental breakfast is included at the Saturday conference. You are responsible for reserving your own rooms. Reservations need to be made on or before Friday, September 14, 2018. The link to the registration form also contains information regarding our hotel block.
Link to registration form: 2018 Indiana TRIO Student Leadership Conference
After registering, please complete this Information sheet: 2018 Indiana TRIO SLC Information Sheet
Prospective presenters are encouraged to submit proposals fitting the conference topics below.
1. Leadership by Discovering Your Purpose: Identify the importance of Finding Your Purpose and how it can influence personal and professional success.
2. Leadership through Strategic Communication: Develop important relationships with like-minded individuals, and to recognize and forego individuals who are detrimental to YOUR personal and professional success.
3. Leadership through Self-Actualization: Significance of self-discipline and how it relates to achieving your OWN success.
4. Leadership though Self-Confidence: Achieve a mindset of changing the “impossible” into “I’m Possible”.
5. Leadership through Personal Advocacy: Advocate for YOUR Personal and Academic Success
Workshops are scheduled for 50 minutes. Participating presenters will help attendees increase their leadership skills, personal and professional competence. Most importantly you will be a fundamental part of building a strong Indiana TRIO community!
The proposal deadline is 9/21/18, and we look forward to seeing your proposal.
Submit a proposal by clicking here.
For any questions, please contact the Conference Co-Chairs, Ronnell DuBose (email@example.com) and Kristen Patterson (firstname.lastname@example.org).